Donate blood, and start saving Lives

Donate blood, and start saving Lives
Click here to join on facebook!

A message from the Founder! - to appear above normal contents!

"I have a rare blood disease, Sideroblastic Anaemia. In late 2007 my condition got worse, and I had to start regular blood transfusions in early 2008 which I will need every 3 weeks for the rest of my life. I was born in 1991 and diagnosed in 1993, at the age of 2.

For the first 16 years of my life I managed to cope with life. I couldn't do a lot of physical activity or anything like that because of the disease which caused me to not get enough oxygen but I lived a mostly normal life.

In 2007 my condition started to deterioate, I couldn't walk up the stairs to my classes, I was extremely tired all the time (so much so that some days I couldn't even go to school) and several times I felt like I was going to pass out.

So eventually in 2008 I went on blood transfusions. I require 3 units of blood every 3 weeks. It makes a massive difference in my life and enables me to live normally.

I am just one of many persons who need blood.

So I appeal to you all to go out there today and start donating blood!

Every bit is needed :) Kari Reynolds

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SA Blood Bank "Running Dry"- IOL

Infromation posting by Marc Aupiais

According to an article in IOL, the South African Blood Bank ("SANBS": "South African National Blood Service"), desperately needs blood.

There is only one day's supply of blood currently in stocks!

c.f

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=125&art_id=nw20090114161610685C282098

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright and permissions

Press releases on this blog, may be distributed, so long as attribution, in line with "Fair Use" is given: i.e. url/name/ date etc, or at least a link to the article!

All Rights are strictly reserved. Such permission, as we give: is temporary.